Mywifiext local is a website from where yoy can setup Netgear WiFi extender for iOS or Mac OS X. From Mywifiext local, you can easily setup your WiFi range extender with Macintosh operating system X or iOS. By using this, you can easily access the extender settings. Here, you get solutions of all of your problems related to your WiFi extender like error message or can’t open the webpage. It is a site page which is used to get the settings of Netgear Wizard or Genie of the extender. To stay away from any issue ensure that your computer is connected with the extender using Ethernet cable or Cat5 cable.
Eleven Steps of Netgear New Extender Setup
- Netgear new extender setup is also known as advanced networking devices. It amplifies WiFi signals. You only need to go to Netgear New Extender setup and access the internet connection.
- Firstly, you have to unpack your wireless extender so that the accessories that comes along with extender does not get damaged.
- Plug in your Netgear WiFi extender to power socket.
- Reboot your device.
- Turn on your computer and connect it with WiFi network.
- Open any updated web browser from your device and access mywifiext local webpage.
- To access New Extender webpage, you can also enter default IP address for login.
- Enter the basic user details such as username and password.
- Select the wireless network to extend. After that click on Continue button.
- Now, enter security settings for your device.
- The Netgear extender setup is completed.
Steps to Setup MyWifiext local Extender with Genie
- Firstly, remove cover of your extender.
- Plug in your extender into power socket. Turn on your extender and wait for sometime untill green light displays on it. Also, place your extender in the same room as you have the router.
- Connect your device to computer or laptop using an Ethernet cable.
- Directly, open any updated browser and go to mywifiext local if you are window and Linux user.
- Enter your username and password. After that click on Continue.
- Now, wait for sometime to scan your extender.
- After login, you can see all available networks. Select your network from list and click on continue.
- Enter your password and click on continue button.
- Here, you can also find option to change SSID and security settings.
- To complete the installation process, click on finish button.
Now, you can move your Netgear extender to any location where you want to place it but remember to place it between the router.